Dark sky, breezy weather and then come the first showers. Thank God the rains are here and so is the time to enjoy the hot masala tea and bhutta under the umbrella.
But as much as you may enjoy and look forward to this monsoon season, one thing you need to be careful about is your skin. While monsoon is about freshness, it also brings skin woes with it. Along with rain comes oily skin, dirty feet and bad hair days. But don’t let these worries spoil your fun.
So during all those weeks and months of monsoon, you need to take extra care of your skin to keep it free from any kind of bacterial infection and keep it healthy and glowing. Naturopath & Herbalist, Dr. Larra Shah tells us how to keep our skin healthy in the rains with her simple tips that can be easily included in one’s daily skincare regimen.
1) Deep Cleansing: Keep your skin clean at all times by using a mild gel based face wash to cleanse your face twice a day. If you have dry skin, make sure you use a cream-based cleanser and if you have oily skin, it’s a good idea to wash your face atleast 3 times a day.
2) Exfoliation: Skin tends to become too dry or extremely dull and oily during monsoons – exfoliation can bring back the glow.Use an Organic or natural gel based face mask twice a week to get rid of dead cells and clogged pores.
3) Toning: It’s absolutely necessary to use a toner to balance the pH levels of your skin during monsoons as it is easier for both airborne and waterborne microbes to attack your oily skin.Avoid alcohol based toners; use a good natural face mist instead.
4) Moisturizer: Even during humid conditions one should not skip moisturizing step from the skincare routine. Use a lightweight or gel based moisturizer that offers a matte finish.Use light and natural emollients especially plant gel based.
5) Suncreen: Yes,it’s important but you can ditch this process if you are using an effective moisturizer and washing your face regularly.
6) Night Serum: The skin rejuvenates and replenishes the cells at night; apply a night serum that works its magic over you.
Shine on and keep glowing. Let the wonders of nature create the magic for you!